Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blondies

Nothing helps a kid work up the courage to try a new food, like chili, like a pan of blondies cooling on the counter of the kitchen.  I'm not advocating bribery, I'm just sayin'.

Blondies
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 10 tbsp butter (there, I said it, I did name my daughter after Julia Child)
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 3/4 c. chocolate chips
  • 3/4 c. chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350.  Butter and flour 13x9x2 baking pan.  Mix flour, baking powder, salt and soda in bowl.  Melt butter over low heat, remove from heat and add sugar, whisking to blend.  Whisk in eggs and vanilla.  Gradually stir in dry mix.  Spread in prepared pan.  Sprinkle with chips and pecans.  Bake 30 minutes until tester comes out with moist crumbs attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment